The Bayside Council area is home to a number of diverse ecosystems, from beach to bushland, waterways and wetlands. To protect these environments, Bayside Council:
- Undertakes on ground works in to protect and enhance our bushlands, wetlands and coastal environment;
- Implements water quality improvements to protect our local waterways and Botany Bay;
- Reduces greenhouse gas emissions - through the introduction of energy efficient programs and promotion of renewable energy;
- Reduces water consumption at the Council’s key facilities
- Drives the implementation of planning control to protect the natural environment
- Facilitates community education programs;
- Manages Bushcare groups;
- Plans for climate change adaptations and
- Works in partnership with the community, neighbouring Councils and other government agencies to help protect the natural environment.
There are many ways you too can help protect and maintain our local environment; join or start a bushcare group, create habitat for native animals in your backyard, participate in National Tree Day and Clean Up Australia Day, join a local bird watching or environmental group.