Bayside’s Bushcare Program consists of passionate volunteers who assist Council to protect our unique urban natural areas.
Bayside Council has many beautiful areas of bushland, wetlands and beach front areas which are home to a wide variety of native plants and animals. Come and partner with Council and become a Bushcare volunteer to help Council protect and restore these areas for todays and future generations’ enjoyment.
Volunteers have the opportunity to be involved in a number of activities including weed removal, planting of native species, mulching, fauna surveys and seed collection. Everyone is welcome to attend and no previous experience is necessary. All that is required is for volunteers to register by either by completing and returning the appropriate registration form or by attending a work day. Volunteers should wear enclosed shoes, long pants and a hat.
Morning tea, all tools/equipment and training is provided.
- Lambert Road Reserve, Bardwell Park (reserve entrance is next to 4 Lambert Road or 75 Darley Road, Bardwell Park)
9am-12pm on first Saturday of each month
- Hawthorne Street Natural Area, Ramsgate (meet at Leo Smith Reserve at the corner of the tennis courts near walking track, Ramsgate
9am-2pm on second Saturday of each month
- Binnamittalong Gardens, Bexley (meet at the end of Veron Road, Bexley)
9am-12pm on third Saturday of each month
- Sir Joseph Banks Park, Botany (meet at the park information sign at the corner of Folkestone Parade/The Esplanade, Botany)
1pm-3:30pm on third Saturday of each month
- Stotts Reserve, Bexley North (meet next to 156 Kingsland Road North, Bexley North)
9am-12pm on fourth Saturday of each month
If you would like to register as a volunteer or would like more information about the Bayside Bushcare Program, please contact Council's Natural Resource Management Officer on 9562 1703, mobile 0411 028 198 or email email@example.com.