Council and Committee Meetings
Council Meeting details, including agendas and minutes.
Meeting arrangements have changed as COVID-19 restrictions have eased. You must still use the QR Code system to sign in and observe hygiene practices.
Meeting protocol (updated April 2021)
Council meetings will return to the Council Chambers (Level 1, Rockdale Town Hall) from 14 April 2021.
If you wish to attend, you should register your attendance before the meeting. When you arrive, you must sign in using the NSW government QR code system.
We will continue to adhere to the NSW Government Health Order for the safety of you, our Councillors and our staff. This means:
- the Mayor and Councillors will return to the chamber
- physical distancing and increased hygiene practices
- meetings are live streamed on our Facebook page with the audio-visual recording saved for at least 3 months after the meeting
- the meeting is open to registered speakers and invited guests (for example, those receiving an award)
- regardless, the total number of public in attendance will remain capped to manage venue size and adhere to the 2msq rule per person.
Council Meetings are held monthly, on the second Wednesday of the month. We occasionally hold Extraordinary Council Meetings outside of this schedule.
Our Meetings are open to the public. This open decision making demonstrates to the community and other stakeholders that we are operating with transparency, probity, and in the best interests of all concerned.
The elected Council operates in a similar way to a board of a public company. It oversees the activities of Council but is not involved in the day-to-day running of activities.
We are supported by various committees that provide advice on particular issues.
More information, including agendas, reports and minutes:
Requests to speak or register your attendance
You can request to speak, or make a written submission, on an agenda item in a council meeting.
If you wish to attend a meeting in person, even to observe, you must register your details before the meeting.
You can make submission at a Council meeting:
- online – we will invite you to dial into the meeting online using Microsoft Teams.
- in person – by attending our Council chambers and observing our meeting protocols (maximum 15 people to attend each meeting)
- in writing – by making a written submission that will be read out if required, or you can be invited to dial into the virtual meeting to speak via audio-visual link.
If you are providing a written submission, it should be:
- less than five minutes when read out loud
- an attachment submitted with your request to speak form
- received by noon on the day of the meeting.
Written submissions are provided directly to the Councillors prior to the meeting.