Council and Committee Meetings
Council Meeting details, including agendas and minutes.
Meeting arrangements during COVID-19, including protocols for physical distancing and increased hygiene practices.
Meetings During the COVID-19 Outbreak
Council meetings will return to the Rockdale Town Hall from 8 July. Meetings will be held in the downstairs auditorium.
To protect you, our Councillors and our staff we are implementing the following protocols:
- physical distancing and increased hygiene practices will be in place
- Mayor and Councillors will return to physical attendance in the Rockdale Town Hall Auditorium
- meetings are live streamed on our Facebook page with the audio-visual recording saved for at least 3 months after the meeting
- the meeting is open to members of public however priority will be given to registered speakers.
- the total number of public in attendance will be capped at 15
- members of the public will be required to register their attendance, provide their mobile telephone number and email address and details if they have travelled outside the Sydney Metropolitan area.
Personal details will only be used to assist health authorities with contact tracing. We will retain this information for one month and then securely destroy all personal information.
The changes are in line with the latest NSW Government Public Health Order.
Council Meetings are held monthly, on the second Wednesday of the month. We occasionally hold Extraordinary Council Meetings outside of this schedule.
Our Meetings are open to the public. This open decision making demonstrates to the community and other stakeholders that we are operating with transparency, probity, and in the best interests of all concerned.
The elected Council operates in a similar way to a board of a public company. It oversees the activities of Council but is not involved in the day-to-day running of activities.
We are supported by various committees that provide advice on particular issues.
More information, including agendas, reports and minutes:
Requests to speak or register your attendance
You can request to speak, or make a written submission, on an agenda item in a council meeting.
If you wish to attend a meeting in person, even to observe, you must register your details before the meeting.
You can make submission at a Council meeting:
- online – we will invite you to dial into the meeting online using Microsoft Teams.
- in person – by attending our Council chambers and observing our meeting protocols (maximum 15 people to attend each meeting)
- in writing – by making a written submission that will be read out if required, or you can be invited to dial into the virtual meeting to speak via audio-visual link.
If you are providing a written submission, it should be:
- less than five minutes when read out loud
- an attachment submitted with your request to speak form
- received by noon on the day of the meeting.
Written submissions are provided directly to the Councillors prior to the meeting.