Botany Historical Trust
Established in 1994 to assist and advise the Council in the administration and management of the Botany Historical Trust and to ensure compliance with the terms of the Trust Deed.
The primary purposes of the Trust are to:
- Establish a public museum to permanently display historical artefacts and records representing the cultural heritage of the Botany local area and surrounds
- Encourage and ensure the preservation of the history and heritage of the former Botany local area
- Acquire, preserve and display historic artefacts and records from its geographic region
- Encourage individuals, organisations and commercial enterprises to donate significant and valuable historical artefacts and records relating to the region
- Preserve and to hold any historic artefacts and records received in perpetuity
- Act as a public fund to which gifts of money or property for extending the collection of the museum may be made
- Raise funds for supporting the museum
- Cooperate with other groups or institutions having similar objectives
Read the full Constitution to find out about membership, the Trust's Executive Committee and how the Trust is managed.