Parking Fines

Council is not able to withdraw a parking infringement notice once it has been issued.

Rangers and Parking Officers are trained to assist members of the public with their requests for information and advice. However, they cannot withdraw a notice once it has been issued or commenced. Once a notice has been issued, there is an appeals procedure which is indicated on the reverse of the penalty notice.

Councils do not set or amend parking fine penalties.

Parking fines, their range and value, are set by legislation administered by the Roads & Maritime Service (RMS) and NSW Treasury.

If you have received a fine, you can pay your fine online or view your options at the Revenue NSW website.

To contest a fine, contact Revenue NSW and include a clear copy of the fine (marked 'penalty infringement notice' at the top).

Parking Fines