We levy rates annually. The rates must be paid in full by 31 August each year or by four equal instalments on the last day in August, November, February and May. Your rates notice will contain details of all your rates and annual charges, due dates and amounts, and all the payment options available. Online payments can be made here.
How To Pay Your Rates
Details of how you can pay your rates is shown on the back of your rate notice. These include:
- BPAY - contact your bank for details on how to access your account using BPAY
- Australia Post Offices - pay by cash, cheque, debit card or credit card (Visa and Mastercard)
- Online - at http://www.postbillpay.com.au/ using your credit card (Visa and Mastercard)
- Phone - call 13 18 16 using your credit card (Visa and Mastercard)
- Post - a cheque or money order with the payment advice from the bottom section of your rate notice to Locked Bag W122, SYDNEY NSW 1292 (please do NOT send cash through the mail)
- In person - at any of our Customer Service Centres
- Direct Debit - pay your annual or instalment amounts from your nominated savings or cheque account
Please note: a service fee is charged for all credit card payments.
If you don't receive your annual rate notice by the end of July or your reminder notice at least one month before an instalment is due, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a copy, don't forget to include the address of the relevant property in the email. Please note: copies of Rate Notices can only be sent to the property owner.
An annual rates notice detailing all your rates and charges will be posted at the end of July each year.
You can opt to pay your rates in full by 31 August or you can pay by four equal instalments that are due on the following dates:
- Instalment 1 by 31 August
- Instalment 2 by 30 November
- Instalment 3 by 28 February
- Instalment 4 by 31 May
Reminder notices for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th instalments are posted at the end of the month prior to the due date.
Unpaid rates remain a debt on your property, regardless of any change of ownership.
Interest is charged on overdue rates and charges and is calculated daily from the date that the rates were due. To avoid paying interest, please pay your rates by the due date on the notice.
We have put in place a special arrangement for people effected by COVID-19. You can apply for a deferral or payment arrangement here.