We levy rates annually at the start of each financial year. They can be paid in full or in four equal instalments. Your rates notice will contain details of all your rates and annual charges, due dates and amounts, and all the payment options available.
Make a Rates Payment
You can pay your rates:
- Online through our rates payment portal
- Automatically via Direct Debit - pay your annual or instalment amounts from your nominated savings or cheque account
- Using BPAY - contact your bank, credit union or building society to make this payment from your cheque or savings account
- In person at any of our Customer Service Centres
- By mail - post your cheque or money order payable to Bayside Council with the payment advice from the bottom section of your rate notice to PO Box 21, Rockdale NSW 2216. Please do not send your full statement or cash
- Over the phone - call 13 18 16 and use the automated Post Billpay service provided by Australia Post (using Billpay code 0530)
- In person at any Australia Post Office
Please note: a service fee of 0.5% is charged for all credit card payments.
If you don't receive your annual rate notice by the end of July or your reminder notice at least one month before an instalment is due, please email email@example.com and request a copy, don't forget to include the address of the relevant property in the email. Please note: copies of Rate Notices can only be sent to the property owner.
An annual rates notice detailing all your rates and charges will be posted at the end of July each year.
You can opt to pay your rates in full by 30 September or you can pay by four equal instalments that are due on the following dates:
- Instalment 1 by 31 August
- Instalment 2 by 30 November
- Instalment 3 by 28 February
- Instalment 4 by 31 May
Reminder notices for your 2nd, 3rd and 4th instalments are posted at the end of the month prior to the due date.
Unpaid rates remain a debt on your property, regardless of any change of ownership.
Interest is charged on overdue rates and charges and is calculated daily from the date that the rates were due. To avoid paying interest, please pay your rates by the due date on the notice.
We have put in place a special arrangement for people effected by COVID-19. You can apply for a deferral or payment arrangement.