Apply to change your rates payment
If you are experiencing hardship and receiving Australian Government payments, you may be eligible for a rates deferral or payment arrangement.
You can apply to defer or enter into a payment arrangement for your rates if you:
- are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 (coronavirus)
- receive payment through the Australian Government's JobKeeper or JobSeeker schemes
- agree to pay your rates in a payment arrangement that ends no later than 30 June 2021.
We will only accept one application per assessment.
What you need
To apply you'll need to complete our online form and provide:
- your details and information about your property
- if applying for a payment arrangement, your proposed payment schedule
- evidence of your eligibility for the Australian Government's JobKeeper or JobSeeker scheme.
- Interest will continue to accrue on all overdue rates and charges. If your arrangement is approved and you pay your rates in a payment arrangement by 30 June 2021, your interest will be waived.
- A payment arrangement is defined as a regular periodical payment, having regard to the ratepayer's personal financial circumstances, so as to have the rates paid in full by 30 June 2021.
- Rates, instalment and reminder notices will still be issued during the term of this arrangement.
- Any interest accrued on overdue rates and annual charges prior to 1 April 2020 will still apply and will not be reversed.