Botany Aquatic Centre
Located on the corner of Myrtle Street and Jasmine Street, Botany.
Christmas Trading Hours
Christmas Eve - 6am to 6pm
Christmas Day - CLOSED
Boxing Day - 7am to 6pm
Boxing Day Holiday (28/12) - 7am to 6pm
New Year's Eve - 6am to 6pm
New Year's Day - 7am to 6pm
- Open from 10am daily for recreational use from Tuesday 1 December 2020. Lap swimming as normal business hours
- Pool numbers will be capped at 200 patrons in the facility. No bookings required but once this number is reached there will be no more people allowed to enter until others have left. First in, best dressed scenario.
- Toddlers Pool will have a maximum number of 20 patrons using at one time
- Training Pool will have a maximum number of 40 patrons using at one time
- Main pool will have two (2) lanes allocated to recreational use (max 60 patrons at any one time)
- Main pool will have six (6) lanes for lap swimming (max 7 swimmers per lane)
- Grass area will be open to be used for sitting as long as physical distancing guidelines are maintained
- ball games
- boogie boards and/or inflatables
- running around
- Cashless Eftpos only, Visa, MasterCard
- Patrons to download Service NSW App to sign in using QR Code
For the latest updates check out our Facebook page.
The pool offers swimming lessons, squad programs and a variety of fitness programs including; aqua aerobics and yoga.
The centre has a:
- 50 metre outdoor pool
- 22 metre program pool
- toddlers pool
- large grassed leisure area
- electric BBQs
- shaded seating areas
- enclosed outdoor function area
- mounted hoist to support access for people with disabilities
- Adults $6.70
- Child $4.65
- Pensioner/Senior card Holder $4.15
- Family 2 x adults and 2 x children $21.00
- Adult Concession passes of 20 $113.00 normally $134.00
- Child Concession passes of 20 $78.50 normally $93.00
For more detailed entry fee information, please see Council's Fees and Charges.
Learn to swim programs
Our swimming programs cater for swimmers of all ages; we have classes for the absolute beginner, intermediate swimmers looking to improve technique or learn a new stroke, right through to advanced swimmers.
Learn to Swim classes are taught by our friendly AUSTSWIM qualified instructors. Our skill based levels caters for all standards of swimming and are conducted in our Olympic Pool and Training Pool. Students progress through each level as skills are attained to a high quality. Our classes have small numbers in each class for 30 minutes
Private tuition can be arranged through the Swim School Coordinator.
Our Pre-School program builds water confidence for children aged between 2-5 years. This program supports and encourages independence by introducing breathing, floating and movement skills through fun and safe activities.
Pre-school classes from age 2 years will be in 30 minute classes. Children aged 2- 3 years old will have 3 children per teacher and children aged 3 years and over will have 4 children per teacher.
If you have not been enrolled in the Botany Swim School for the Holiday Intensive or for Term 4 then you will need to discuss your children’s ability with the Swim School Coordinator prior to booking into Term 1. Please email email@example.com
Swimming is a great work out for those wanting to improve their muscular strength and flexibility.
Lanes are available for lap swimming at the Botany Aquatic Centre, however the number may vary depending on what else is happening at the pool.
During the week lanes are available but maybe limited or restricted on the days the pool is booked for school swimming programs or carnivals.
On Sundays the number of lanes is determined by the number of patrons wishing to enjoy recreational swimming only.
Those wishing to use the lap lanes are asked to observe lane signs at all times, and swim in a clockwise direction, keeping to the left hand side of the lane.
Parties at the pool
With current COVID-19 restrictions in place, the Botany Aquatic Centre is not available for hire as indicated below.
Botany Aquatic Centre is available for hire for corporate events, birthday parties, school swimming carnivals, swim session and fun days. With our own private function area, we have something to suit all types of events!
The Function Area can be hired separately. It is a popular place for corporate events during the summer months.
The Function Area includes:
- self-contained picnic area
- private entrance
- access to the pool area
- chairs, tables
- use of the kitchen facilities
The Botany Aquatic Centre is a great place to celebrate that special day with family and friends. Here’s a few hints to help make the day a success.
Picnic tables cannot be reserved.
There are 4 electric barbeques but no gas or portable BBQs are allowed onto the Aquatic Centre grounds.
Please arrange a specific drop off and pick up time for party guests. At the allocated time all children attending the party should be at the reception area. Parents dropping off or picking up will not be allowed to enter without payment.
Glass, water balloons/bombs and party poppers are banned from the Botany Aquatic Centre. Ice cream cakes are not recommended due to limited fridge and freezer space.
For further information please contact the friendly pool staff on 9316 6218 who will be happy to help you make your special day run smoothly.
Council supports the Keep Watch public education program of the Royal Life Saving Society - Australia.
Keep Watch @ Council Pools
For 0-5 year olds and non-swimmers, a parent or guardian must be in the water at all times within arms' reach of the child/non-swimmer.
For 6-10 year olds, constant active supervision is required by a parent or guardian. Be prepared to get wet and enter the water with this age group.
For 11-14 year olds, parents or guardians must physically check on children on a regular basis.
Botany Aquatic Centre Upgrade
The Botany Aquatic Centre upgrade moves a step closer following Council's decision to approve the development option put forward at its final Meeting of 2019.
For a summary of Council’s consultation findings, inclusions, next stages of the project and project timeline, check out Council’s detailed flyer.