Welcome to summer in Bayside!
This year our Summer Foreshore #LeaveOnlyFootprints has chosen the Bar Tailed Godwit as its mascot. The Bar Tailed Godwit, flies nonstop from Alaska, travelling over 13,000 kilometres, to spend summer on the foreshore of Botany Bay.
Summer is a timely reminder that we share our shore with some unique flora and fauna, and we must all do our part to protect it when visiting the Bay and foreshore.
Come for an hour or come for the day there is plenty to see and do.
Discover the many hidden gems located along our magnificent foreshore and eight kilometres of pristine beaches.
Cool off in the clear waters within one of the five secure swimming enclosures or explore the vast parklands, scenic cycle paths, or serene walking trails.
Cook Park and Peter Depena Reserve offer shady retreats, children’s playgrounds, picnic tables and BBQ’s with great views of the Bay.
As the sun goes down, the Brighton-Le-Sands district comes alive with great cafes, restaurants and bars. They are also open during the day, if you have had your fill of the beach and sun, and you're looking for a great place to enjoy a relaxing coffee or lunch with family and friends.
Top tips to be a good visitor
- On arrival park in accordance with signage. Do not park across driveways or on grass verges, our Rangers conduct regular patrols. Don't risk a fine.
- During your stay be mindful of others
- Our beaches are not patrolled so follow water safety procedures when swimming. Swim within the nets and keep a watchful eye on young children and inexperienced swimmers
- Respect the marine life, and flora and fauna that live along the foreshore
- If using a coal fired BBQ ensure you are in one of the four designated areas that allow for its use and dispose of hot coals correctly
- Leave Only Footprints by putting your rubbish in the bin or taking it with you.
Feedback makes us better!
Have you noticed an issue on the foreshore we should know about? Or maybe you want to share something great about your day at the beach?
Fill out our feedback form and let us know.