Councillor Tarek Ibrahim - ALP
Mobile: 0404 490 291
Tarek is committed to continuing to represent the views and needs of the community in Bayside.
During his previous term as a Councillor, Tarek says he played a pivotal role in the delivery of a number of key initiatives including:
- Established and chaired the Arncliffe Youth Centre Committee. This committee was able to lead through careful planning the delivery of a much needed Youth Centre facility through a public / private partnership. The Youth Centre is expected to be completed and operational within the next two years
- Made representations to construct lifts at Arncliffe station and represented the community to build the Arncliffe Pedestrian Link, which now provides safe pedestrian access between Arncliffe Street and Wollongong Road
- Represented the community in the delivery of a number of initiatives which include: Town Centre Revitalisation, Beach Front Amenities, Asset Renewals for parks, open space, beachfront, community facilities, roads and other assets owned or fall under the responsibility of Council
Councillor Michael Nagi - LIB
Mobile: 0403 222 666
Michael Nagi is a family man with four children having completed his public education locally. Michael is a strong community advocate and continues to run successful local small businesses. He has extensive experience in Local Government having previously served as a Councillor for 12 years including a term as Deputy Mayor.
Michael has actively assisted his local sporting and community clubs, and recognises the importance of upgrading facilities and investing in synthetic grass across selected sporting fields.
Michael will advocate to:
- Revitalise our main shopping centres in Arncliffe, Mascot and Rosebery by working with local businesses and the community to deliver exciting improvements on time and within budget
- Deliver more parking spaces within our local shopping centres
- Reactivate the Greening of the City program aimed at planting more street trees and floral displays
- Fight against rubbish dumping and littering
- Promote the Community Safety Program which removes graffiti across our city in 72 hours
- Support our local businesses and create enterprise zones to encourage new employment opportunities
Councillor Dorothy Rapisardi - ALP
Mobile: 0408 354 718
Dorothy will join the fight against overdevelopment in our Local Government Area, including holding developers accountable and preventing the State Government’s overdevelopment agenda.
Council services such as tree management, garbage collection, lawn mowing and park and nature strip maintenance are services that matter most to our community. Dorothy will ensure that these services are delivered to our community in an efficient and superior manner.
Dorothy is passionate about investing in community amenities, especially libraries and developing more parking facilities in and around our town centres.