Bayside Floodplain Risk Management Committee
This committee provides advice on the development and implementation of floodplain risk management studies, and plans throughout our area.
Community Representatives Expressions of Interest
Nominations are invited for Community Representatives to the Bayside Floodplain Risk Management Committee. If you are interested in applying, please read the information below, complete the nomination form and your covering letter and forward them to email@example.com by Friday 21 December 2018.
We are looking for two people to join the Bayside Floodplain Risk Management Committee as community representatives, to provide advice to Council on the development and implementation of floodplain risk management studies and plans throughout the Bayside Council area in accordance with the NSW Floodplain Development Manual 2005.
You could be part of this advisory committee of Council, along with Council staff, Councillors and government agency representatives (OEH, SES).
Meetings are expected to be held once every two to three months.
The role of a community representative is voluntary.
Community representatives will be selected on the basis of their suitability for the role.
As a community representative, you will be expected to contribute constructively to discussions and represent the wider community and attend approximately 5 meetings a year. Community representative membership of the panel is until the Committee is disbanded. Community representatives must meet the selection criteria below:
- Be a current resident or business person (18 years of age or older) living or working in or near a flood prone area of the Bayside Council local government area
- Having knowledge and awareness of the local government area
- Having a broad interest, and understanding of floodplain management
- Having a commitment to floodplain management in the Bayside Council area
- Being able to represent and communicate the interests of the local community
- Being able to attend the Bayside Floodplain Risk Management Committee meetings
- Being willing to adhere to the Bayside Council Code of Conduct
For further information please contact Council’s Manager Governance & Risk on (02) 9562 1590 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be lodged by 5pm Friday 21 December 2018 via email to email@example.com.
The venue for the Bayside Floodplain Risk Management Committee meetings is normally the Rockdale Administration Centre, 444-446 Princes Highway, Rockdale