Council and Committee Meetings
Council Meeting details, including agendas and minutes. Details of meeting arrangements during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Meetings During the COVID-19 Outbreak
The NSW Minister for Health and Medical Research has issued a Public Health Order restricting gatherings in indoor spaces.
The Local Government Act has been amended so Council Meetings may be held electronically rather than in the Council Chamber.
Meetings now follow the following protocol:
- Councillors participate in Meetings by audio-visual link instead of attending in person
- the Mayor (with a limited number of staff) chairs Meetings from the chamber via audio-visual link to all Councillors
- Meetings are live streamed on our Facebook Page with the audio-visual recording saved for at least 3 months after the Meeting, for administrative purposes
- the chamber is closed to the public
Council Meetings are held monthly, on the second Wednesday of the month. We occasionally hold Extraordinary Council Meetings outside of this schedule.
Our Meetings are open to the public. This open decision making demonstrates to the community and other stakeholders that we are operating with transparency, probity, and in the best interests of all concerned.
The elected Council operates in a similar way to a board of a public company. It oversees the activities of Council but is not involved in the day-to-day running of activities.
We are supported by various committees that provide advice on particular issues.
More information, including agendas, reports and minutes:
Requests to speak
You can request to speak, or make a written submission, on an agenda item in a council meeting.
Usually you can attend the meeting and speak in person, however this is not possible due to COVID-19 restrictions.
You can still make a written submission that will be read out if required, or speak at the meeting via audio-visual link.
If you are joining the online meeting as a registered speaker, we will invite you to join the meeting online using Microsoft Teams.
If you are providing a written submission, it should be:
- less than five minutes when read out loud
- an attachment submitted with your request to speak form
- received by noon on the day of the meeting.
Written submissions are provided to the Councillors prior to the meeting.