The winners of the 2019 Bayside Garden Competition were announced on Saturday 2 November at an outdoor function at the Bayside Garden Centre.
“I think you will agree it’s the perfect venue to celebrate the gardeners of Bayside. Nothing showcases this wonderful mix of people and buildings better than the gardens we create,” Bayside Mayor Joe Awada said.
Private gardens are as vital as public parks and reserves. The Bayside Garden Competition recognises the role gardens play in making our suburbs some of the most attractive in Sydney
The 2019 Garden Competition Winners:
- Best Backyard: Janette Byrne, Bexley
- Best Nature Strip: Jason McFadyen, Daceyville
- Best Native Garden: The Ingle Family, Botany
- Best Edible Garden: The Bay Community Garden, Kyeemagh
- Best Balcony Garden: Chris Perry, Rockdale
- Best Annual Display: Julianne Longhurst, Bardwell Park
- Best Courtyard: David Synnott, Botany
- Best School / Childcare: Matraville Public School
- Best Residential Complex: Alan Bonner-Smith, Ramsgate Beach
- Best Front Garden: Jeffrey Morabito, Botany
- Best Overall: Rolfe Kolbe, Botany
- Roy & Aileen Bilton Encouragement Award: Alex and Paris Rosemont, Mascot
- Judges ‘Easy Living’ Honourable Mention: Sam Vella, Pagewood
Bayside Garden Centre
The Bayside Garden Centre is open to the general public and supplies plants to Councils, landscapers and builders. It also offers contract growing and propagation, delivery and technical advice.
Approximately 80,000 plants are available for sale, ranging from tube stocks to advanced trees, and including a wide variety of species, such as Murraya, Buxus, Camellia, Gardenia, Grevillea and many more.