Senior Development Assessment Planner
Deadline: Friday 28 February 2020
- Full-time permanent opportunity based at Rockdale
- Provide assessment and reporting on complex development applications
- Fast paced and varied environment
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the Role
The City Futures directorate focuses on ensuring sustainable and responsible planning and development for all aspects of our City.
The role is responsible for assessing and reporting on Development Applications in an accurate manner within required time frames.
Provide assessment and reporting on more complex Development Applications to ensure compliance with policy and legislation.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Assess more complex and contentious Development Applications to ensure that Council’s statutory and planning obligations are met
- Manage all inputs to provide advice on the outcome of development assessments and to ensure response timeframes and quality development outcomes are met
- Assist the Coordinator of Development Advisory Services with the preparation and delivery of pre-Development Applications to ensure efficient and informed outcomes
- Prepare accurate and comprehensive reports and correspondence on development matters to facilitate timely decision making and outcomes, and to respond to applicants and community stakeholders
- Brief Council’s legal representatives, prepare relevant court documents and provide expert evidence in order to represent Council in the Land and Environment Court of NSW
- Attend Council and Local Planning Panel Meetings as required, to present and respond to enquiries regarding development applications and recommendations
- Attend meetings and participate in stakeholder engagement activities to understand and meet the needs of the local community
- Guide, assist and provide support to Assessment Planners and Student Planners to build team capability and best practice in the efficient and quality processing of allocated development assessment work
- Promote the positive and collaborative culture and values of the organisation through open, fair and transparent decision making and ethical, professional behaviour
- Work in collaboration with and assist the team, Manager and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and Council priorities
- Relevant tertiary qualifications equivalent to Bachelor Degree level and extensive experience in a relevant field
- Extensive working knowledge of planning legislation and regulations
- Current Driver’s Licence Class C
What can we offer you?
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Before applying for this position, please take the time to read the job description.
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining how your skills and experience are relevant to the position and meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council Values.
When addressing the focus competencies, key accountabilities and key challenges for the role, it is essential you give an illustration of how you meet these - it is not sufficient to merely indicate what you have done - we are more interested in “how” you have demonstrated these requirements, what results were achieved, using an evidence-based approach.
Applications must be submitted by email at email@example.com or via mail to Bayside Council, PO Box 21, Rockdale, NSW 2216
Deadline: Friday 28 February 2020
Salary Range: From $89,125.48 to $99,820.53 per annum plus 9.5% superannuation
Enquiries: Pascal van de Walle - Coordinator Development Assessment directly on (02) 9562 1776