PV: Early Childhood Casual Positions
PV: Early Childhood Casual Positions
Multiple Opportunities Available - MASCOT & HILLSDALE
- Seeking Casual Educators (Certificate III & Diploma qualified) & Casual Early Childhood Teachers
- Develop and implement innovative, high quality early education and care programs
- Scope to work with 0-5 age groups in supportive working environment
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the Role
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
To provide innovative and quality early education and care programs in line with the National Quality Framework that reflect the children and families in the service.
The role is responsible to ensure a responsive service that is committed to inclusive practices that support families, cultural, socio-economic and individual situations.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Promote and support inclusive practice to ensure that the service is able to support families from a range of cultures, backgrounds, experiences and situations
- Develop and maintain effective and respectful relationships with children, families, Early Childhood Professions and Regulatory Departments, and ensure privacy and confidentiality is maintained
- Provide physical care of children and respond to their emotional needs to maintain trust, develop nurturing relationships, guide positive relationships and ensure the dignity and rights of each child are maintained
- Develop, plan and implement a quality educational program reflective of the National Learning Framework in consultation with children, families and the Educational Leader / Director
- Evaluate programs and engage in reflective practice, to meet the National Quality Framework, Service philosophy and objectives
- Implement strategies to maintain the overall cleanliness, tidiness, security and safety of the Service and supervision of flexible and simulating learning environments
- Maintain confidential and accurate updated records of children and families to meet legislative and regulatory requirements
- Undertaking mandatory reporting to adhere to Child Protection guidelines and responsibilities
- Actively contribute to the review of policies and procedures to maintain regulatory compliance
- Promote the positive and collaborative culture and values of the organisation through open, fair and transparent decision making and ethical, professional behaviour
- Work in collaboration with and assist the team, Manager and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and Council priorities
- Approved Certificate III, Diploma or Degree level childcare qualification and relevant experience working with children 0-5 years
- Current First Aid Certificate relevant to the role
- Working with Children Check (NSW)
- Approved Child Protection training
- Working knowledge of Education and Care Services National Law and Regulation, Child Protection legislation and regulation and National Quality Framework
What Can We Offer You?
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
Prior to commencing your application, please take the time to read the appropriate job description from the list below;
- Early Childhood Teacher
- Early Childhood Educator (Diploma)
- Early Childhood Educator Cert III (P10297 to P10304)
Your application should include an up-to-date resume (max 5 pages) and a covering letter (max 3 pages), outlining your skills and experience and how you would be perfect for the role applied for.
Applications must be submitted by mail, email at email@example.com or via fax on (02) 9562 1777.
Salary Range: $22.89 to $39.43 (+25% Casual Loading). Hourly rate is dependent on qualifications and experience, plus 9.5% superannuation
Enquiries: Laura Browning - Coordinator Children’s Services on (02) 9366 3876