Here are a few more reasons why you should choose Bayside:
Flexible Work Arrangements
When your work/life balance is in the right place then you work better and work happier. That’s why we offer unmatched flexible work arrangements that include the following:
- 9-day working fortnights
- A generous study assistance program
- Paid parental leave of 14 weeks for the primary carer & 4 weeks paid parental leave for the secondary carer
- Adoption leave that is double the award provision
- 2 days Health & Wellbeing leave per year. No questions asked
- Ability to purchase an additional 1 month annual leave per year
- 3 days paid additional leave over Christmas & New Year, to spend time with your loved ones
- 10 days Family & Domestic Violence leave, to support you to maintain employment
Health & Wellbeing Programs
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and we have the programs to prove it. We offer incredible gym membership discounts, flu vaccinations and skin checks, health expos and our Employee Assistance Program provides confidential counselling and support to all staff and immediate family members.
We’re passionate about upgrading the skills, enhancing the knowledge and supporting the talents of all our team members.
Our learning and development program is extensive and provides great opportunities for all staff to develop a variety of technical and professional skills that support their success at Bayside.
Reward and Recognition Program
We celebrate team members who go above and beyond, provide outstanding services and represent the values of Council to the highest degree. We have a range of rewards and awards that can be given at any moment or at our annual Bayside Staff Awards event.
We also recognise and acknowledge the long-term service of our staff and celebrate the contribution of individuals at specified service milestones.
Giving Back to the Community
At Bayside you have the chance to work for an organisation where the community at large is your ‘customer’. We are committed to helping others and meeting the community’s needs.
Unlike many other workplaces, you can arrive at Council each morning knowing a day of meaningful work lies ahead; that what you do each day can make a big difference to thousands of people.
Bayside Council represents a fresh start for the community and you have a great opportunity to be a part of building a new and stronger Council.