COVID-19 (coronavirus) information and resources
There are lots of resources available to help you during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak.
We have also made some changes to our services, facilities and events.
We encourage you to check back regularly as this information is updated daily.
Updated: 9pm, 8th April 2020
Community information and resources
Connecting Communities is our community directory. It provides links to important information and services from reliable, trusted sources.
- Apply for a deferral or payment arrangement for your rates
- Frequently asked questions: we answer your questions about our services during COVID-19
- Connecting communities through COVID-19: a directory of important information and services
- Police assistance during COVID-19: advice on staying safe, with information on reporting crime, fraud, domestic violence and anti-social behaviour.
- Australia.gov.au: essential information, health and provential advice
- NSW information and updates: information on services, health and support.
- Posters and factsheets in your language: information from NSW Health
- News and information in your language: news and information from SBS
- Accessible information and factsheets: Council for Intellectual Disability
Beaches and beachfront carparks are now closed.
- with the long weekend approaching, we encourage everyone to stay at home and stop the spread
- the NSW Government have issued orders to stay at home, with clear guidelines that explain when you are allowed to leave the house.
On Wednesday 1 April, the Bayside Council met and agreed on a number of measures to help local businesses suffering due to the impact of COVID-19:
- we will reduce or waive fees associated with leasing arrangements for Council premises where activities are prohibited due to COVID-19
- we are supporting local restaurants and cafes with a flexible approach to compliance issues such as delivery and opening times
- we will pay suppliers quicker than usual to help inject more money into the economy.
Service operating, with some changes
|Rockdale Customer Service Centre||Reduced hours: 10am - 2pm Monday to Friday|
|Eastgardens Customer Service Centre||Closed until further notice|
Customer Call Centre
|Waste Collections||Operating as normal. Find your collection date|
|Council Clean Up||Operating as normal. Find your collection date|
|Libraries||Closed until further notice|
|Library online services||Access educational and library resources including e-books, audio and film|
|Development, engineering and related applications||
|Development Advisory Service||Reduced hours: 10am - 2pm Monday to Friday at the Rockdale Customer Service Centre|
|Bayside Garden Centre||Operating as normal - 41 Beach Street, Kogarah - (02) 9553 7346|
Some restrictions apply
|Beaches and beachfront carparks|
|Angelo Anestis Aquatic Centre|
|Botany Aquatic Centre|
|Mutch Park squash centre|
|Community centres, halls and meeting rooms||Closed to the public. Some essential services may still operate out of these facilities|
|Senior citizen centres|
|Parks, skateparks and sporting fields||
|Botany Golf Course and pro shop|
|Lady Robinsons Beach (Kyeemagh to Dolls Point/Sans Souci)|
|Public ANZAC Day commemoration services|
|All Bayside Library public events, activities and programs|
|All Bayside Arts Festival events (except CamerART)|
|CamerART||This exhibition will be held online|
|Ramadan at Bayside|
|Youth Drop In sessions at Eastlakes and Hillsdale||If you need support or help, please call our Youth Worker Yasemin on 0447 116 805|
|Child Restraint Check Day|
|Citizenship Ceremony on Tuesday 7 April||Please contact the Department of Home Affairs directly on 131 881 for any queries about your Citizenship|
|Meeting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community||Postponed until further notice|
For events scheduled for June, July and August, we will continue to monitor the situation before making a decision.